The OpenVPN Connect is the official Android VPN client for OpenVPN servers. It does not require a rooted evice, and supports Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean and higher OS.
This is our recommended solution if in case our MPN VPN Manager App failed to work for you and if you do not wish to use the standard L2TP and PPTP protocol.
1. To install the software, please go to Google Play Store, search for OpenVPN Connect and select and install OpenVPN Connect by OpenVPN.
For your convenience, here is the direct link to download the app from Google Play:
2. Now that you have OpenVPN Connect installed, you will need to download our ovpn configuration file(s) from our website.
On your device, please open your web browser and go to https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/an/UDP1194 or https://mypn.co/an/UDP1194 and select the configuration files for the countries that you are subscribed to and the files will be automatically downloaded into your Downloads folder.
3. For this example, we have downloaded the GBR (Great Britain) config file; MPN GBR.ovpn
1. Launch the OpenVPN Connect app on your device and tap the 3 vertical dots on the top right of the app.
2. Select Import, and tap on Import Profile from SD card
3. Scroll down to your Downloads folder, and look for MPN GBR.ovpn config file.
4. Select the config file, and tap on Select. Upon successful import, you will see a Profile Imported message on your OpenVPN Connect page.
5. Please fill in the Username and Password fields with your MPN Username and password.
6. Tick on the Save box.
7. Finally, tap on Connect. At the Select Certificate prompt, please tap on Continue