MyTelly is a Smart DNS service that is included free of charge with any VPN subscription that you have with My Private Network.
Basically, the service works by redirecting certain traffic via our servers located throughout the globe. So for example, say you want to watch BBC iPlayer, instead of your computer connecting directly to the BBC iPlayer servers, it is automatically redirected so that it connects via our servers in the United Kingdom. As a result, BBC iPlayer thinks that you are actually in the United Kingdom and lets you access the site.
This service is highly recommended if you’re only planning to use the VPN to access geo-restricted TV channels. However, there are Pros and Cons of using this service over our VPN service, depending on the main reason you get the subscription in the first place.
Some of the difference are;
MyTelly Smart DNS service
- does not encrypt your traffic or data that is transmitted through Internet.
- does not change the IP address of your network.
- only works with channels that are added and supported manually but the list is pretty extensive!
- streaming speed will be wholly dependent on both your Internet connectivity speed and the stability of your Internet to the service you’re watching instead of our servers.
- simultaneous streaming from channels in different regions.
- supported on a wider range of devices.
MPN VPN Service
- encrypts your traffic and data that is transmitted through Internet.
- changes your IP address to the country of the VPN server of your choice.
- connection is slighter slower than local Internet speed due to encryption overhead and as the VPN server in between.
- almost all channels and sites that are geo-restricted for that particular country can be accessed while connected to the VPN.
If you would like to give it a try on your system, you can refer to our MyTelly Setup page below:
Already subscribed and trying to use the Region Selector in your account to set your preferences? Refer to our MyTelly Region Selector page below:
If you have further queries or require further clarification, please email us at [email protected] and we will get back to your asap.