Update: 6th March 2018, Tuesday
Congratulations to all winners! That brings the 2018 UCI Track Cycling World Championships to an end. We’ll see you back here for next years World Championships in Poland’s velodrome, the BGŻ Arena starting February 26, 2019.
The 2018 UCI Track Cycling World Championships is about to take place in Holland’s velodrome, the Omnisport Apeldoorn. Having been founded in 1893, the World Championships includes some of the most prestigious track cycling events such as time trial, keirin, individual pursuit, team pursuit, points race, scratch race, sprint, team sprint, omnium, and Madison (better known as The American).
The opening show commences on Tuesday, 27th February 2018 with the action starting the next day from February 28 – March 4. Live coverage will be available through BBC’s Red Button (UK), or via the official UCI YouTube Channel. Here are the match coverage breakdown for the different countries:
For other places to watch, view the official 2018 UCI Track Cycling World Championships broadcaster list here.
(Updated: 6th March 2018)
- Women’s Scratch Race – WILD Kirsten (Netherlands)
- Women’s Team Sprint – WELTE / VOGEL (Germany)
- Men’s Team Sprint – THOENDERDAAL / LAVREYSEN / HOOGLAND (Netherlands)
- Men’s Keirin – PUERTAS ZAPATA Fabian Hernando (Colombia)
- Men’s Scratch Race – KARALIOK Yauheni (Belarus)
- Men’s Team Pursuit – CLANCY / EMADI / TANFIEL. / HAYTER (Great Britain)
- Women’s Team Pursuit – VALENTE / DYGERT / GEIST / CATLIN (USA)
- Men’s Individual Pursuit – GANNA Filippo (Italy)
- Men’s Points Race 40km – MEYER Cameron (Australia)
- Women’s Sprint – VOGEL Kristina (Germany)
- Women’s Omnium – WILD Kirsten (Netherlands)
- Men’s Sprint – GLAETZER Matthew (Australia)
- Men’s Omnium – SAJNOK Szymon (Poland)
- Women’s 500m (Time Trial) – WELTE Miriam (Germany)
- Women’s Individual Pursuit – DYGERT Chloe (USA)
- Women’s Madison 30km – ARCHIBALD Katie / NELSON Emily (Great Britain)
- Men’s Kilometre Time Trial – HOOGLAND Jeffrey (Netherlands)
- Men’s Madison 50km – KLUGE Roger / REINHARDT Theo (Germany)
- Women’s Keirin – BASOVA Liubov (Ukraine)
- Women’s Points Race 25km – WILD Kirsten (Netherlands)
View the official results from Tissot Timing here.
2018 Track Cycling World Championships Schedule
Event Period: Wednesday 28 February – Sunday 4 March
Live Stream: Starting on 28 February (Wednesday) at 1400GMT.
Track Cycling World Championships Resources
Official Event Page Here.
Official Schedule Here.
Programme Page Here.
Stream Page Here.
UCI’s Official YouTube Channel.
Watch 2018 Track Cycling World Championships Live Online With Our VPN
If you’re not currently in the U.K, or any other country allowed to access UCI’s YouTube Channel, then you’ll need to connect to our VPN first before streaming the competition.
VPN Connection Setup Guide
1) Sign Up for a My Private Network account.
2) Install our VPN on any device that you’ll be using to watch the 2018 Track Cycling World Championships.
3) Connect to our U.K (GBR) servers for BBC. Otherwise, to access the stream from UCI’s YouTube Channel, you’ll have to check which country is available for the live stream when it is released. To do this, you can use the free tool from Polsy.org.uk and check restricted countries for YouTube videos – simply insert the YouTube video link when it becomes available and it’ll show you a list of countries that it is allowed in. Once you’ve chosen one closest to your current location, connect to the appropriate VPN server country and start watching the stream!
For example, in last years Championships – the free stream was only available in countries such as Canada, Norway, India, Indonesia, and a few others. Click here to use Polsy’s YouTube restriction checker tool.
Don’t Have a VPN yet? give our Free Trial a go by clicking the button below for 3 full days of unlimited access to both our VPN and MyTelly services.
We hope you found this article informative and useful. Please feel free to share it with your friends or family that want to watch the Track Cycling World Championships too!
If you need any help, our support team is just an email away at email@example.com and we’ll try our best to assist you.
Update: 17 September 2018, Monday
Congratulations Simon Yates from Mitchelton–Scott […]
Update: 28 May 2018, Monday
Congratulations Chris Froome from Team Sky on your Giro […]
Update: 30 July 2018, Monday
Congratulations Geraint Thomas from Team Sky on your […]
Update: 3 December 2018, Monday
Well done to all the participants for the Germany […]