This page will guide you through to set up our Smart DNS service, MyTelly on a Sony Bravia Smart TV.
Note: While the Smart TV has an inbuilt web browser, we recommend that you use a computer to register your IP on our network. Please ensure that you are able to connect to the Internet from the TV before trying the steps below.
Step 1: Check the MyTelly settings on website
Login to our website, www.my-private-network.co.uk from your computer browser and you should be redirected to the My Subscription page.
Select the MyTelly tab on the left hand corner of the screen and click on Setup.
Take note of the fastest DNS servers address that appears on screen.
Step 2: MyTelly IP Registration on Network
Scroll down and click on Register This Address.
Note: This will register your IP address and also test your DNS setup and indicate whether you have changed the DNS settings correctly.
Please note that in this instance, since you are only changing the DNS settings on your Smart TV later and not on your computer / other device, the authentication page will return the following error:
Please do not worry about this message as our servers have already registered your IP address as per the screenshot above.
To learn more of the MyTelly errors, please refer to our article here: MyTelly errors – Your DNS setting is not configured correctly.
Note: You will not have to do it again unless your IP address changes. Also, any device on the same network will be able to use the service as long as you’ve set our DNS in their settings.
Step 3: MyTelly Configuration on Sony Smart TV
- From your Bravia Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) screen, please navigate to the top right hand corner of the screen to find the Settings menu.
- Once you’ve selected the Settings menu, scroll down to the Network option.
- You should now be in the Network overview page, click on Network Status.
- The following screen will ask for confirmation on which type of Internet Connection you’d like to use. If you’re using Wi-Fi, please select Wi-Fi Set-Up.
- Continue with the network setup until you reach the IP Address Setting page.
- Select Manual.
- Once you’ve selected Manual in the previous window, you will be presented with a list of fields to fill in.
- The IP address can be anything you want, however please ensure that the first three fields are the same as your router.
- For example, if your router’s IP address is 192.168.0.1 please start the IP address with 192.168.0.xxx
- If you are not sure where to find these, please follow the instructions from the links below:
How to find your Default Network Gateway
- Only change the final field. Leave the first three the same as what your router uses.
- Once you’ve entered that, please enter the DNS addresses that appeared on your browser earlier into the fields.
- Once the IP address settings have been finalized, you will be greeted with a request to use a Proxy Server.
- Select No.
- The next screen will confirm the details entered during the network setup.
- Press the right arrow on your remote to continue.
- Finally, please select Save & Connect.
- This will test your connection to ensure there is no problem with your Internet connection.
To download the region restricted apps to your Sony Bravia TV, all you need to do is go back to the main network menu and select Refresh Internet Content.
Allow it to refresh and the apps will appear in the All Apps menu at the bottom left of your TV if your IP is already registered and the DNS is set up correctly.
Unfortunately it doesn’t always go to plan!
If you have any problems or can’t get connected, please email us at [email protected]. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible and try to help.